Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Octoberfest 2007: Round 1: Saranac verus Thomas Hooker



Coat of Arms

Winner: Saranac

As you can see, the Thomas Hooker is noticeably darker, but I liked the tones of the Saranac better.

First Pass winner: Thomas Hooker won on this one, with the initial impression of a stronger more distinctive flavor and an aftertaste that seemed to have more of a bite. The Saranac did not leave any particular positive or negative impression with a smooth but non-descript feel. But Saranac managed to stay alive for another pass.

Three Passes Later: Saranac took over as I came to realize that I preferred the overall flavor of this beer. No particular flavor stood out, other than its smoothness, but the overall result was pleasant. The Thomas Hooker's slightly bitter aftertaste became less enjoyable for me the more I drank it.
WINNER: SARANAC

No comments: